Sunday 19 January 2014

What I Have Found Out Through My Front Cover Research

Through my front cover research I have found out that the model on the front cover of my magazine is best located in the centre of the page with the writing situated around it, therefore the attention is focused on the model on the cover. Also the title of my magazine should be located at the top in the middle therefore following the usual conventions of the front cover layout.

After analysing different front covers of the same genre I am following I believe that my front cover should not be over crowded with information and that only relevant catchy information about my articles should be presented. Therefore my audience will be aware of what is inside without being over crowded with information at the first glance.
The colours used in my front cover should complement each other and should not clash, otherwise the magazine will look unprofessional and put my target audience off from reading it. To see what colours compliment I should refer to my colour wheel. The colours used should also be readable against the background of my front cover.
Now I am ready to start planning my own front cover for my regional magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment