Monday 6 January 2014

Researching Magazines


My magazine focuses on young teenage girl’s inner beauty, the idea that no matter what you look like, what nationality or race you belong to, what you believe people think of you and what level of confidence you have, everyone is beautiful. Everyone is different, no body is the same inside or out, however much you aspire to be like someone, you are your own person. The idea of my magazine is to push this idea and make girls understand that whoever they are and whatever they look like they beautiful. Therefore, my magazine will portray girls of all sizes, of all nationalities and of all different styles. The idea is for my magazine to empower girls to be comfortable in their own skin, and by showing images of girls that represent multitudinous backgrounds, this will hopefully give them that boost of confidence they need to happy with who they are  that so many do not have! Many are so afraid of going against social expectations.

By researching the conventions of a fashion and beauty magazines, I can see what areas I need to focus on for my magazine to be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment