Saturday 25 January 2014

Cosmopolitan Magazine Double Page Spread Analysis



Above is an analysis I have conducted of a Cosmopolitan magazine double page spread. By doing this I am able to see what other magazines of the genre I am following have done to ensure my double page spread reaches its best potential.
Jessie J… Superstar Rising, is the title of the article and is situated at the top of the right hand page, it is in two different formats of font with Jessie J in italics and Superstar rising normally, this separates the two and with her name above it shows importance.

The article follows a colour scheme of black and orange with the text in these colours, the article is an interview with the questions in orange and her replies in black clearly showing the difference between the two. The colours of the font compliment the grey background nicely and stand out against it. The colour scheme is continued to the model, Jessie J, with heavy black eye makeup and hair with an orange/coral lipstick, bringing the whole articles appearance together.

I love the way that the colour scheme is completely followed throughout the entire article even to the finer details such as makeup. I hope to follow a similar pursuit with the colour schemes continuation with my own article.

No comments:

Post a Comment