Saturday 18 January 2014

Adele vs. Karl Lagerfeld

In early 2012 Adele was labelled as “fat” by Karl Lagerfeld, Adele simply responded by saying: “I’ve never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines…I represent the majority of women and I’m very proud of that.”

She went on to say: “I’ve never seen magazine covers or music videos and been like ‘I need to look like that to be a success,’” the talented Brit explained. “I don’t want to be some skinny mini with my tits out. I really don’t want to do it and I don’t want people confusing what it is that I’m about.”

In a world where anorexic runway models are applauded and women feel insane pressure to look like Hollywood stars, it’s refreshing for someone as talented and successful as Adele to embrace herself. Not only is she secure with who she is and how she looks, she has no desire to drop 20 pounds or suffer through a diet. She’s content with what she brings to the table and that is exactly the message I intend for my magazine to portray to teenage girls.
 
Adele 1 - Karl Lagerfeld 0

No comments:

Post a Comment