Wednesday 15 January 2014

Company Magazine Front Cover Analysis


Above is an analysis I have conducted of Company magazine front cover. By doing this I am able to see what other magazines of the genre I am following have done to ensure my front cover reaches its best potential.

The front cover follows the usual conventions of any magazine cover, with the model as the main focus point and the writing situated around it, because the brand Company is well known the models head is covering part of the letters, this means that the magazine is still instantly recognisable.
The colour scheme if the front cover is different shades of purple, therefore they have used white writing for the text. White writing is not normally used unless of very dark backgrounds, however with this one being not too dark the white was unexpected, however if they were to have used a darker font then the overall look of the magazine would have been a lot darker, using the white font brightens and lightens up the front cover making it a little unusual and edgy.
The font is not continual throughout the front cover, it is of different types and sizes. The usual conventions are that the font is usually the same throughout so this goes against that, although it looks confusing at first and very over crowded, this gives the front cover a more unusual eye catching look.
For my front cover I think I will make sure that my font is all the same, as at first this front cover did look a little over crowded and confusing and would put me off from reading it, I do not want my target audience to feel the same way about mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment