Saturday 18 January 2014

Elle Magazine Front Cover Analysis

 
Above is an analysis I have conducted of Elle magazine front cover. By doing this I am able to see what other magazines of the genre I am following have done, to ensure my front cover reaches its best potential.
The front cover follows the usual conventions with the model being the main focus point in the middle of the page, however what makes it different to other magazine front covers that I have looked at is that the title situated conventionally at the top is not in bright bold colours like the others, instead it is simple and almost transparent with aspects of the model coming through and it is also separated between the two L’s to allow more attention on the model, however this fits completely with the nude colour scheme and stands out against the darker background.
What else is different about this magazine to other magazines front covers I have analysed is that the page is not over crowded with writing, such as the Company magazine front cover that was very crowded, I believe that this front cover is much more effective in grabbing the target audience’s attention as it does not look tacky but instead classy with more attention paid to specific advertised articles; the colour scheme also complements this idea of class as it is not bold and in your face but instead subtle and easy on the eye.
I really like how this front cover has taken the less is more approach, I think it is really effective with the overall layout of the magazine complementing the colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment