Tuesday 4 March 2014

Vogue Magazine Contents Page Analysis


Above is an analysis I have conducted of Vogue magazine contents page. By doing this I am able to see what other magazines of the genre I am following have done to ensure my contents page reaches its best potential.
The title of the magazine Vogue and an issue date is located at the top of the page which identifies the magazine, with the option to subscribe at the bottom right corner of the page separated from the rest drawing attention to it, overall gives the readers relevant information. The title is in black font with important sub headings in red which is continual throughout.
The title of each article is in italic with the insight to the article underneath it in normal font, which cerate’s a clear difference between the two and makes the title of the article stand out. The page numbers are situated to the left of the titles and are slightly larger than the writing again making them stand out. The columns of page numbers are separated by category, fashion, special features and cover stories, this creates a clear balance between them.
The column of cover stories is placed on top of the image of the model with white writing to contrast against the dark background making it clear and readable. Also because of where it is situated completely away from the other stories, it makes it look more important.
I like the idea of the image covering the majority of the page, I think I will use this idea when designing my cover page. Also with the page numbers slightly larger than the text I think I will use an idea similar to this also.

No comments:

Post a Comment