Sunday 16 March 2014

My Double Page Spread Evaluation

My finished double page spread is based on the no make-up selfie for Cancer Research. I have chosen to do this article because it encourages girls to take off their makeup and feel self-empowered by showing off their natural beauty. I have used the left page for the writing and the right page for the images, this is because the reader’s natural eye direction when reading an article is left to right.

 I have based the layout of my double page spread on the codes and conventions of magazines double page spreads of the same genre I am following, also looking at other double page spreads gave my lots of ideas of how to set out my own, for example the insight into my article I saw in Vogue magazine and I really liked the look of it, therefore I used it in my own as I believe it will attract my target audiences attention.

With the images I have chosen to arrange them in this way because it means that I can get lots on the page as the more on the page the more it represents the amount of women who have taken a no makeup selfie. Originally I wanted to arrange them in the shape of a bow, one of the symbols for cancer research, however I believe this way of showing the images is much more powerful as you can see each one clearly and individually.
The title for my article I have used Century Gothic a text type that I have used a lot previously, I have highlight the text and changed it to capital letters. By using this font it would make my text continuous. I think that I am going to go with the Century Gothic text because I think it looks really modern which will appeal to my target audience and also the letters are thin which reflects what the title says.
The insight into my article is a vital part of my double page spread, my target audience will read this before they read the actual article, therefore this must be insightful, attention grabbing, and pleasant to read, if they do not like the sound of the insight then they will not continue to read the rest of the article. Therefore I have positioned it directly underneath the title. I have used Times New Roman italic font to continue that theme from my front cover and my contents page. I think it being in italic really complements the sharp straight edges of the Century Gothic in the title above it.


No comments:

Post a Comment