Wednesday 12 February 2014

Radio Advertisement Research Evaluation

The research that I have conducted into radio advertisement has shown me the best way to create and plan my radio advertisement. I have looked into the history of radio advertisement to see how long radio adverts have been around for and to see if they are still an effective way of advertising my product. I have decided that as many teenage girls usually listen to the radio in the morning and when they get home from school the best time slot for my advertisement should be between 6 and 8.30am and then between 4 and 8pm, therefore the advertisement will not be played during the week when my target audience are at school or college where they would have less chance of hearing it.

Through my research of radio advertisement I have found out that my advert should be around 30 seconds long and as the jig saw study has shown it is more likely to be remembered with it being this length. My advert should speak directly to my audience and even their parents in case they object to their daughters reading my final product. I want to grab my target audience attention through the use of voice, I most probably will not use a jingle as sometimes it can sound tacky which would put my target audience off the idea of my magazine.

Looking at the 5 do’s and don’ts of radio advertising has made it clear what not to include in my advert, for example, I don’t want to over complicate my advert and give information that is not needed about my product however I do want to present a professional image by giving the right information about my magazine.

Now that I have finished my research I am ready to start planning and creating a radio advertisement of my own for my teen magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment