Monday 24 February 2014

Audience Feedback - My Radio Advertisement

Now that I have finished my radio advertisement I have asked 10 teenage girls between the ages of 13-17 for their feedback on my radio advertisement, below are a list of comments that they have put forward.

“I really like the way that this radio advert is done, I like that its someone using a personal story, it makes me want to buy the magazine more” – Sarah age 14
“Although it is poor quality the message given is one that people would instantly pay attention to, it’s a really good idea doing it this way” – Lola age 13
“By not having a jingle or music it makes the advert sound more serious, therefore gaining more attention from the audience” – Marissa age 16
“The advert sounds quite bland, some music or jingles would make it cheerier” – Pippa age 17
“This advert is really hard hitting, someone sharing personal story and how the magazine helped them through a difficult time is really uplifting to hear, it will encourage others in similar situations to purchase the magazine” – Lucy age 15
“The advert sounds good, I like how the speaks tone changes from sad to happy when talking about the magazine, it makes it more real” – Ellie age 13
“This radio advertisement is really effective in the way the speaker is telling a story, I’m glad that there isn’t any music because I think that that would ruin it” – Samantha age 17
“This advert is effective because it tells teenage girls that they are not alone when suffering from anxiety etc, I think this is a really good and positive topic to do because no one else has done it yet which makes it stand out from other radio adverts” – Jess age 14
“This is a good advert but I think it needs livening up a bit, some music would help with that, but still even without the music I think that this is a really good advert” – Kate age 13
“I think that this radio advert is a really good way of advertising the final product because it explains what the magazine can do for people therefore explaining why they should buy it, I think that the way it is told in a story is really effective as well because it lets others know they are not alone” – Amanda age 16
I am reasonably happy with the feedback from my target audience, they seemed to like my radio advertisement, a lot of people commented on how it was a good idea to tell the story of someone therefore my target audience can relate to it, this is exactly why I have don’t my advertisement this way and I am happy that my audience understood that, the only areas for improvement was to add some music or a jingle, however the reason that I never did this in  the first place was so that it didn’t distract away from the meaning and what was being said.
To gather more information about what my target audience think of my radio advertisement I have asked the following three questions. I have presented the responses to these questions in a pie chart so that the information is clear and easy to translate.


 
I am reasonably happy with the answers to these questions, they are positive as the majority have gone with the product being good as it is, 80% said they would by the magazine after hearing the advertisement which is exactly the purpose of why I have done a radio advertisement. Also the majority agreed that a jingle wouldn’t be best for the advertisement
 

No comments:

Post a Comment