Wednesday 27 November 2013

Billboard Research Evaluation

My research mainly focused on the history and how billboards are used in different ways, this enables me to see the progression and the effects that different billboards have on selected target audiences opinions.

By researching the history I was able to see how billboards have progressed from the very first Obelisk to the 1900’s all the way up to modern day Piccadilly Circus. By seeing the history it reinforced the idea of the effectiveness of billboard advertising have lasted so long, they would still be a good and effective way of advertising my product.

The analysis of billboards showed me what is best to include in my billboard and the layout and where it is situated gave me ideas of my design. The research into QR codes showed me that as my target audience are teenage girls, they are more likely to have smartphones, therefore with the option of a QR code they are able to access more out of my final product.

Therefore my research has enabled me to find out the best way to target my target audience, how to set out my billboard, and the best way for it to attract attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment