Sunday 1 December 2013

Planning my Billboard


Following my research into billboards I have decided how to organise and design my billboard.

My billboard will be focusing on an image of  a teenage girl, the photograph will be from the shoulders up and focusing on her face (mid shot). The model will be wearing minimal makeup to focus on the idea of natural beauty and will reinforce the idea of girls not having to cake their faces in makeup to feel comfortable in their own skin. This will represent my magazines house style.

The billboard will have a QR code in one of the bottom corners to enable a quick link to the online media aspects of the magazine and also a website address for those who do not have a smartphone to quickly access the website as do most other institutions.

I have decided that the billboard will have a plain and simple design that is still eye catching. Vintage and pastel colours are very fashionable at the moment so I intend for my billboard to follow that sort of colour scheme, this will break away from the other styles of magazines available enabling my magazine to stand out as a unique product.

The billboard will have a very small amount of textual content as the findings of my questionnaire show that the majority of people do not pay attention to most of the textual content anyway, I will put the name of my magazine “Teen Unique” in big bold letters across the top, with the photograph covering the majority of the background, with the rest of the information set out in the design of the front cover of a magazine. By doing this I therefore aim for everything to be attention grabbing and for the main focus of promoting my magazine to be put across.

No comments:

Post a Comment