Saturday 28 December 2013

Looking at Font


Now that I have chosen my background I have started looking at different types of font for my title. The magazines name is going to be “Teen Unique” so I have started by looking at standard font Times New Roman because it is clean cut and clear to look at.


To give my magazine a kind of quirky feel to appeal to teenagers even more I think that I should differentiate between the two words “teen” and “unique”, to enable this to happen I have changed the word “teen” to bold to stand out.


I really like the idea of the two words being styled differently so to take this idea one step further I have changed the “unique” to italic to contrast against the bold of the “teen”.



To give the title an even more modern feeling I have changed the font type of “teen” from Times New Roman to Tahoma, this is because the Tahoma font has a more round and curved feel from the sharp edges of the Times New Roman, I also believe that it looks more inviting. However I have made the decision to keep the “unique” aspect of the title in the font type of Times New Roman to give the title a bit of an edge.




I have aslo looked into the tightness of the font to see the different effects


Now that I have decided on the types of font and the way I want my title to look, I have turned my attention to the colours of the font. As my magazine is going to be focusing its colour scheme around pastel colours I believe the title should follow a similar design. Therefore I have tested out 3 of the most popular pastel colours starting with pastel blue which goes along nicely with the models jumper.



Next I looked at pastel pink



Then continuing on the pastel theme looked at a pastel purple



After that I looked at the pastel orange, which is not always a popular choice but I wanted to explore all options.


And finally a pastel green, although this shade has a little electric feel to it which could also attract attention.


After looking at the different colours I went back to the idea of the two words differentiating from one another, therefore I looked into mixing up with colours of the words.
First I looked at two of the popular pastel colours blue and pink


Afterwards I looked at orange and purple

After exploring all pastel options I will now go onto making the final decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment