Monday 30 December 2013

Final Font Decisions

I have decided on this final font layout for my billboard.



I have made this decision because I believe that although my billboard is following a pastel colour theme, the pastel colours struggled to stand out against the pale background, and because the main purpose of my billboard is to grab attention, a title that does not stand out against the background the billboard will struggle to grab attention, therefore I have chosen to stick to a black title as it contrasts against the pale background.

I have decided to differentiate between the two words “teen” and “unique” because I think it will not only attract more attention but is unique from other magazine titles, which is the basis of the magazine. I started with Times New Roman for both but went on to change the word “Teen” to Tahoma as I believe it is more curved and looks more attractive to a younger audience. I looked into the tightness of the characters, I changed the word to very tight then because the letter “T” still had a gap and gave it a feel of two separate words “T” and “een” I adjusted the character spacing between the letters this will create a more immediate effect and draw the audience’s attention. To contrast from the classic look of the word “teen” I decided to stick with font type Times New Roman for the “Unique” but I have used italics to give it a sense of a romantic appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment