Thursday 5 September 2013

First Decisions...


Welcome to my blog, in this blog I shall be recording my progress throughout my A2 Media coursework.

My first task is to decide what option I would like to do for my coursework, the decision of what task I decide to uptake must be the right choice to suit me it must play on my strengths and not my weaknesses.

 As I do not have any experience in filming or editing films I have decided to rule out any of these options as I believe I will not gain the best possible outcome from the results of filming. However for my AS media coursework I undertook the task of designing a music magazine front cover, contents page, and double page spread. I was more than happy with the outcome of my magazine and strongly believe that this is one of my stronger options.

Taking this into account I have the following options:

-The first two pages of an original local newspaper (if done as a group task, each member of the group to produce an individual edition of the newspaper, following the same house style), together with two of the following three options:

• a billboard poster for the newspaper;

• a radio advertisement for the newspaper;

• two hyperlinked pages from the paper’s website.

A newspaper would be different to what I have previously done so it would be a challenge, so I have been researching many online newspapers especially the Daily Mail online to get a sense and an idea of how they set out their pages and how they report on their stories.

-The first four pages from an original regional magazine (if done as a group task, each member of the group to produce an individual edition of the magazine, following the same house style), together with two of the following three options:

• a radio advertisement for the magazine;

• two hyperlinked pages from the magazine’s website;

• a billboard advertisement for the magazine.

As I have previously done a magazine for my AS coursework I feel that this is one of the strongest options for me as I have the experience in this area already. I have been researching online magazines and physical magazines, looking at their content and their layout, I have also been looking at other students from previous years coursework that is available as examples online.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment